- Error Code Weasel is basically Bungie’s codename to identify connection-based errors which are under suspicion of ‘cheating’ via logging into ‘multiple platforms simultaneously whilst Cross Save is enabled on their account’ – if it turns out you are doing this – then stop immediately, you naughty individual!
- Error Code Centipede is the Bungie code which is used to signify connection-based errors that are not under suspicion of cheating, but until Destiny 2 or Destiny can identify that you definitely aren’t cheating, you’re still under suspicion of being an Error Code Weasel… make sense?
How to fix Bungie error code Weasel! We go through the best ways to resolve this common (and infamous) error for Destiny and Destiny 2.
What Is Bungie Error Code Weasel?
Error code weasel is part of the animal-based naming system that Bungie employs for error codes in its games. This is to make them easier for the company and for users to remember (as opposed to a miscellaneous string of digits). Error code weasel is one of the most common errors which occurs during Destiny and Destiny 2 online play.
Ultimately there are various ways you can try and resolve your connection issues that are likely causing the problem, which we will list below. There aren’t guaranteed solutions, but you should try them all before contacting Bungie directly for technical assistance.
Switch From WiFi To A Wired Connection
This is potentially the quickest fix to error code Weasel, so should be tried first.
WiFi signal strength and/or stability can be one source of issues that cause Bungie error code Weasel, so doing this could either solve your problem, or rule out a major cause of it.
Simply switch your internet connection from WiFi to ethernet and see if the issue is resolved. We recommend you restart the game before testing to see if it has worked.
Restart Your Device
The old favorite fix for any problem, try turning your device off and on again – whether it be PC, PlayStation or Xbox, and see if the issue resolves itself. If not, read below for more in-depth solutions.
Clan Invite Issue
Frequently this issue is reported to occur following being invited to a clan.
If you have recently been invited to a clan, request that the clan admin temporarily kicks you out of the clan, which should delete the invite (the potential source of the error).
If error code Weasel does not reoccur for a while then it is likely this is the source of your issue. You can try to rejoin the clan and hopefully the second time it will not reoccur. If it does, contact Bungie directly.
- First, start up your PlayStation then go to New User and create one.
- You must then select Next > New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account > Sign Up Now.
- Follow the steps to set up your new PSN account, then restart your console, login to the new PSN account, restart the game and see if the problem persists.
Create A New PSN Account (PlayStation Users Only)
If you are a PlayStation user experiencing Bungie error code Weasel, then creating a new user account on the PlayStation Network (i.e. PSN) .
- Navigate to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings in your Xbox menu
- Select Alternate Mac Address and then pick the Clear option.
- Accept to clear the cache.
- Hold the power button at the front of the console until it shuts down.
- Unplug the power cord from the rear of the console.
- Once again, hold down the power button, this time for at least a minute (this will clear any residual power from the console).
- Reinsert the power cord, switch it on at the outlet/plug, and wait for the power light to turn from white to orange.
- Turn on the Xbox.
Clear Your Xbox Cache (Xbox Users Only)
For Xbox users, clearing the cache of their console has reportedly solved the issue of error code Weasel in some cases.
To clear the cache of your Xbox:
Alternatively, follow the below steps:
Unlink The Destiny App From Your Phone
The Destiny companion app for smartphones has been reported as a potential source of conflict which can lead to error code Weasel. Removing the app can potentially solve this problem.
Either uninstall the app from your Android phone / delete it from your iPhone or you can log in to Bungie.net, go to the Settings menu > Accounts & Linking then click Unlink.
Restart your game and see if the problem persists.
This has been our guide on how to fix Bungie error code Weasel for Destiny 2.
Stay tuned to WePC for all the latest info on the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen release.
Also, be sure to check out our sister site Gaming Verdict for the latest guides and builds on Destiny & Destiny 2.