Danielle has loved writing about games, records and films for as long as she can remember, probably in an effort to feel better about not being able to create them. A keen console gamer from a young age, she now has a collection of old paraphernalia gathering dust — sacrilege! — in the hopes of one day being able to house the ultimate haven of retro gaming systems… including a Guitar Hero arcade machine. She's still saving for that, though.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Today’s Wordle should be a relatively easy one, to round out your working week on a high note. Of course, that’s not to say you shouldn’t need any hints, because – as we all know – just one or two wildly wrong guesses can set you on the wrong path. However, in terms of both word format and definition, today’s Wordle answer is a bit of a goody.
What is Wordle?
If you’re new to Wordle, we can’t blame you for trying to avoid the addictive puzzle game. And a massive congratulations on doing so for this long. However, you’ve joined the cult, and we’re here to welcome you in with open arms.
Wordle is a daily word puzzle, now operated by The New York Times after it’s purchase of the game from original creator Josh Wardle (hence the name). In Wordle, you have six attempts to guess a randomly-selected five-letter word.
- Letters that you guess which don’t appear in the word appear in grey.
- Correctly guessed letters that are in the wrong place appear in yellow.
- And right letters in the right place show in green.
It’s as simple as it sounds, really. Well, on paper. If you get on well with it and fancy a few more daily challenges, then other people have jumped on the bandwagon to create a bunch of Wordle alternatives, too. Try Heardle if you’re a music fan, or Moviedle for films. Don’t worry, that questionable title doesn’t match the quality of the puzzle.
Wordle hints May 20, 2022
General Wordle hints
- Try to squeeze as many vowels out of your first guess as you can (We love editor Will‘s word – Ouija).
- For probability’s sake, guess the most common consonants first, for example S, R, L, T and N.
- Don’t forget, the letters that you can eliminate in each guess are almost as important as those in green or yellow.
Specific hints for today’s Wordle answer
- There are two vowels in today’s Wordle answer.
- Today’s word is a descriptive noun – and most likely could be used to describe you.
- Today’s consonants aren’t particularly common, and one is “G”.
Today’s Wordle answer, May 20, 2022
As ever, we don’t want to spoil the game for you, so don’t read on if you aren’t ready to reveal the answer just yet.
Today’s Wordle answer is… GAMER. Yeah, we probably could have worked a few more puns into today’s article, but didn’t want to give it away too easily. Again, a pretty common word – especially to anyone reading WePC – but also a fairly easy word format, with a lovely consonent-vowel-consonent-vowel-consonent pattern. We love to see it.
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for even more Wordle hints and answers. We provide you with the best daily hints to help you get the answer without spelling it out for you. Of course, we do also spell it out for you, but still. If you want more general help then check out our Wordle tips, Starting words, and hints page for the best starts to help you master the game.