Ben's interest in video games started as a result of his intense need to be better than his sister at something. It didn't work but it started a lifelong passion in gaming, which then evolved when he built his first PC. He completely botched it but it was fun and he hasn't stopped since. He's currently fighting an embittered battle to get even slightly competitive at Apex Legends. He has a particular interest in peripherals and loves messing around with his setup.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Among the slew of new gaming technology that’s been announced at Computex 2022, veteran gaming tech company Zotac has announced the Zotac VR GO 4.0 backpack. The backpack is designed to be an all-in-one untethered VR-ready solution that allows you to play without the worry of dragging cables around and it’s got some pretty insane specs too. Let’s see exactly what the Zotac VR GO 4.0 is all about.
Zotac VR GO 4.0 promises a totally untethered VR gaming experience
While trawling through the virtual booths at Computex 2022, we managed to find a few interesting things in the works, including the world’s first ASUS 500Hz gaming monitor, and Corsair’s first gaming laptop, the Corsair Voyager. Today, however, we uncovered something a bit different, a completely standalone gaming PC backpack, the Zotac VR GO 4.0.
Zotac VR GO 4.0 specs
If the publicity images are to be believed, this will be one of the most comprehensive VR gaming experiences out there, and the specs are looking pretty encouraging too.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-11800H (8-core, 2.3 GHz, up to 4.6 GHz)
- Chipset: Intel, NVIDIA
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX A4500 (16GB GDDR6 256-bit)
- Video Output: 1 x HDMI® Connector*, 2 x DisplayPort 1.4 (up to 7680×[email protected]), Up to Triple Display Support, *Supports 4K 120Hz HDR, 8K 60Hz HDR, and Variable Refresh Rate as specified in the HDMI 2.1 Specification
- Hard drive: 2.5″ SATA III HDD/SSD bay
- M.2: 512GB M.2 SSD
- Card reader: 3-in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- Audio: Microphone, headphone
- USB: 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 4 x USB 3.1, 2 x USB 3.0
- LAN: Gigabit Lan port
- WiFi: WiFi 6 AX1650
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2
- 2 x hotswappable 6000mAh Li-ion batteries
- Backpack Strap
- Battery charging dock
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord (bundled cable type dependent on region)
- Male-to-male-12V cable
- Warranty Card
- Quick Install Guide
- USB drive with O/S Recovery
Zotac VR GO 4.0 backpack images
Aside from the specs and marketing materials, there’s relatively little concrete info about the Zotac VR GO 4.0, especially regarding price and release date. However, Zotac has been generous when it comes to imagery, so we’ve got a pretty good idea as to what it’ll look like visually, take a look below.
If you’re anxious about all the nitty-gritty details, Zotac’s official website has more details for you.